Monday, September 8, 2008

Week 23

How does time move so slowly and so quickly at the same time? CP is entering her 24th week of pregnancy next week and it feels like months until the 3rd trimester (only 4 weeks) and years until we meet the baby. But when we think about all that we have to do to prepare, it feels like we're going to run out of time. First is the birthing classes, which last 8 weeks, so we need to get on that. Second is getting the nursery ready if we can ever decide on a color palette.

One thing that has been fun is stroller shopping, which is not different than buying a car. In fact, we met a enthusiastic salesman who turned us onto a variation of a jogging stroller (although neither CP nor I plan on doing much jogging, ever). He told me it was so sturdy even I could get in it and then told me to. I thought he was joking, but he insisted I sit in the stroller to see how strong it was and how smooth a ride it gave. I got in reluctantly, but he was right. I may end up buying one for myself. Perhaps a twin stroller so CP and push us both around.

No comments: