Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Plans to be not-quite-so-obsessed with buying baby clothes have been completely undone by this onesie:



NX saw it this morning on the Shop-a-holic list from NY Magazine, along with 134 other cute and affordable baby outfits. This is the standout for me, not counting a $54 owl print onesie that would be a ridiculous extravagance even for us. I have been collecting black baby clothes whenever I can, which is easier said than done because black is not a popular colour for baby outfits, unless they say things like "I'm the [beep]" or "I'm [Beeping] Awesome." I'm not ready to start our kid on cussing, especially before they can even talk. But I do think black is a fabulous neutral, the go-to colour in both my closet and NX's. So later today I'm off to Target to acquire the above, and then later next month I'll be stocking up on all the Halloween leftovers, if by "all" you mean "only those that don't have pumpkins and ghosts on them." In the meantime, if you see any black baby clothes - scoop 'em up!

1 comment:

ryo said...

oh baby clothes are so dangerous...they're so cute you just have to buy them. after a year with my niece now i try to either stop myself by reminding me that everyone gets her clothes and as her tia/madrina i should buy her books or savings bonds, the latter she'll appreciate more, but i love books. or if i do buy her clothes, i get tw sizes up so she can wear them for a while. btw, in a way to support the addiction, have you checked out liberationink.com?! they're baby clothes are too cute!