Monday, December 22, 2008

38 Weeks!

We are at 38 weeks, and the baby is TO TERM! Everything from here on out is a waiting game. One of the little known facts about pregnancy is that a due date is only an average - it is perfectly healthy for a baby to come out anywhere from 37-42 weeks. The idea of being pregnant for another MONTH is unbearable - not only am I so excited to meet the baby, but I am also so excited to not be pregnant anymore! Everyone tells me I will miss being pregnant, and I can see why - there is something lovely and special about knowing there is a little human being growing inside of me. But I am ready to trade that for the lovely and special feeling of kissing little toes and being able touch my own toes. I really really am. So if you think of us and the little robobebe, please take a moment to stop and visualize the baby coming out, say, tomorrow!

We went on another shopping rampage yesterday - this child has more clothes than we do! Unfortunately, I can't post any pictures because the living room feels awfully far away and every time I move I think the baby and my cervix are going to fall out together!

No comments: